100 Indian students fall ill due to food poisoning

0
57

New Delhi, India.

Officials say 100 students of a government-run physical education institute took ill due to food poisoning and admitted to a hospital in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.

The government officials said the accident took place at Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) in Gwalior, about 432 km north of Bhopal, the capital city of Madhya Pradesh.

The students, who were aged 18 to 25, were immediately admitted to a government-run hospital on Tuesday evening after they complained of nausea, stomach ache and vomiting.

According to the superintendent of the hospital, only one student was put on ventilator owing to serious condition, while the remaining ones were stable.

Police have registered a case and initiated investigations into the accident.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here